The goal of my work as counselor is to accompany a person in finding their unique self without pressure to adhere to formulaic or readymade answers or solutions. I practice counseling for Spanish and English speakers.
Psychoanalytical counseling both online and offline is for me an artesanal process requiring significant time and great attentiveness for both listener and talker.
In today’s fast moving world, it is essential to find a space where a person can talk without haste about their anxieties and their love, family and professional concerns. A space where questions like ‘who am I?’ or ‘what do I want?’ don’t have to be curtailed by fears or social prescriptions.
I try to generate a safe place in which a person can explore creatively and empower themselves to find their authentic self.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) Psychoanalytic Studies. Essex University, UK
- Clinical training in Lacanian psychoanalysis; Colegio Clínico del Río de la Plata. Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Internship practice in hospitals and outpatient clinics. Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Psychoanalytic Master Seminars in the Faculty of Psychology at the University of Buenos Aires
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Psychology. University of Puerto Rico – Río Piedras Campus
My desire to understand what psychoanalysis can say about human beings and society has brought me from Puerto Rico to Argentina, the UK, Barcelona and now Berlin.
One of the most important things I have learned from psychoanalysis is the healing potential that comes from listening to a person in depth and that trusting in each person’s unique creativity helps find a way to relieving psychic pain.
In addition, my education, professional practice and personal background all lead me to believe that a person’s search to learn more about their inner self is enhanced by careful consideration within the therapeutic process of their social context.
Psychoanalyst Berlin: Information on Berlin-based psychoanalyst Andrea Monroy Toro.